.

.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Vicks VapoRub anyone?

Well, we are already starting our second week back to school. Last week we were working on getting back to routines. Jake got off schedule over the break and the nap time got pushed back a bit, so last week we were trying to get him back on schedule. On Monday, Jake was watching his "ho, ho, choo, choo," otherwise known as the Polar Express. He hadn't yet fallen asleep, but Mark had already crashed, when he discovered my new, big bottle of Vicks VapoRub in the dresser. He loves Vicks, I think thanks to Grandma Linda. Well, he was still recovering from croop and while he was sick he looked forward to getting his Vicks rub down, so when he discovered the bottle he of course knew what to do with it. Rub it all over his chest, face, clothes, carpet, etc... and probably ate some as well. Mark finally woke up after the entire bottle was gone and Jacob was crying because of the burning in his eyes and I am sure everywhere else. It took two baths, three washings of his clothes, and shampooing of the carpet to clean up the mess. I wish I had a picture for you, but I had our camera with me at school. It must have been a sight. His clothes were just caked with Vicks. We still are finding little Vicks fingerprints on random things in the bedroom. He sure keeps us on our toes! It is good he is cute and that we really love him or he would really be in trouble.

He is getting older and is starting to potty train. It is really training the parents. He is starting to get the hang of it, but needs to be better at telling us when he needs to go. He told the nursery leaders each time he needed to "pee" even though he was in a diaper. They thought it was pretty funny! Life is an adventure and there is never a dull moment around here.

4 comments:

Brandon, Christie, and Addie said...

It is a good thing they are so dang cute when they do things like that. It is the age for finding trouble and messes to be made. The great thing about having kids around is that I find enjoyment in little things every day. Today Addison learned to say "shake your booty" while shaking her booty. Doesn't get much cuter than that if you ask me. (It was a good thing after she dumped out all of my jewlery across my bedroom and took a peice of toast in my bed so that I had to wash my sheets!)

Shelly Johnson said...

Jake's gone through plenty of my vicks as well. As much as I try, I can't hide my lotion and vicks high enought to keep away from him. He is a very inquisitive child. It's fun to see him grow up and get more inquisitive and cute in the process.

Tyler and Rachael said...

quite the story---and you are definitely right, from your pictures from past posts, he is super super cute!

Kelli Radmall said...

Oh no! That's a pretty messy thing to clean up too. I'm surprised the smell didn't wake Mark up sooner. Naughty little things kid are, huh? Don't we know it!